AIMS organizes "AIMS Test For Management Admissions (ATMA)"
a standard test for admission to postgraduate management programmes. ATMA
approved by the AICTE, is focused on the student. It is designed to assess
the aptitude for management education including verbal skills, quantitative
skills and analytical reasoning of students. ATMA has been approved by
the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India
for admission on All India Basis to the MBA / PGDM and other Postgraduate
Programmes like MCA.
AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA) is one of the six (ATMA, CAT,
CMAT, GMAT, MAT and XAT) National Level Tests recognized by the AICTE/
MHRD, GoI for admissions to MBA/PGDM courses. The national level status
of ATMA has been confirmed by the Supreme Court also.
Starting from November 2013 till July, 2014, AIMS Test for Management
Admissions (ATMA) is planned on the following dates at 30 cities across
- Sunday, 08th December, 2013 .. Online Test (Internet Based Test)
- Sunday, 16th February, 2014 .. Paper based Test with online Regn
- Sunday, 25th May, 2014 .. Online Test (IBT)
- Sunday, 20th July, 2014 .. Online Test (IBT)
The test results (except for the Paper based) will be announced in about
ten days from the date of the test and the scores of the candidates opting
for your Institute will be made available through website, with an individual
Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Students appearing for their final
year examinations are also eligible to apply
ATMA :: How to Prepare
ATMA seeks to measure the aptitude of the student for higher management
education. Such an aptitude in a person is typically shaped and developed
over a long period of time and cannot be altered in a short time frame.
Hence, preparation for ATMA cannot be similar to that of university examinations.
However, familiarity with aptitude tests and speed can be improved with
diligent and regular preparation. AIMS does not recommend any particular
preparatory course or training for ATMA, though these may be effective
in varying degrees. Working out the'Sample Tests' is likely to help the
Sample tests are available in the Website.
- ATMA will be administered in the Computer labs of colleges. The address
of the Test Venue is given on the Admit Card.
- Report to the Test Venue not later than half-an-hour before commencement
of the Test. The lower part of admit card is "Identity Card for ATMA".
The candidate is required to obtain invigilator's signature on it, then
detach the lower part and retain the same for future use.
- Take your assigned seat in the Test lab. Change of seat is not permitted
without the explicit permission of the Test Supervisor.
Instructions regarding Test
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before attempting
- There are 180 questions spread over 6 sections.
- Total time allotted for the test is 180 minutes.
- For each correct answer 1 mark will be given and for each incorrect
answer 0.25 mark deducted from the score.
- You will be redirected to next question automatically after attempting
- Click the 'Next' Button to skip a question and move on to next question.
- You may revise an answer by selecting the question no. from the list.
- Click the 'End Test' button to close the test at any point of time.
- For any reason, if test gets disrupted, you may restart the test by
logging in again. In such a case, you will not be able to change the
answers attempted in the previous session for security reasons. However,
you will be allowed full three hours without counting any time lost
in any interruption.
Nature of the Test
The questions cover Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal skills.
The following table shows the structure of ATMA.
Total time allotted for the test is 180 minutes.
STRUCTURE OF ATMA
||Question-Context related to
||No. Of Questions
||Analytical Reasoning Skills
||Analytical Reasoning Skills
(In the Actual Test the Same Sequence as Shown in the Table above may
not be followed)
- Each multiple- choice question is followed by four answers numbered
1,2,3 and 4. You have to choose the correct or best answer from these
four choices and then click on the right answer.
- The questions in this Test are numbered serially starting at 1 and
ending at 180. Start answering from the first question of each section
and proceed sequentially.
- Clear familiarity with the directions and questions is necessary.
It is important to read the directions for each set of questions carefully.
- In case you find a mistake in the framing of the question or the answer-choices
given or both, you need not waste your time on them. You will be given
credit for any such question.
- There will be only one minute, on an average, for each question.
- ATMA has been designed as a standard, benchmark Test with high quality
and academic rigour. ATMA scores are useful in determining a candidate's
relative position in the whole test population. A candidate is not expected
to answer all questions within the specified time frame. You are advised
to proceed through the Test at an even pace, skipping the more difficult
questions, wherever necessary. You can return to the unanswered questions
Discipline at the Test Centre
- Candidates must follow the instructions of the Test Supervisors in
the Test lab. Violation of the instructions or any unethical practices
will disqualify the candidate. The decision of the Supervisor in this
regard will be final. Maintain the discipline and decorum of the test
centre. Always follow the instructions of the Test Supervisors.
- Books, notepapers, calculators, slide-rules, mobile phones and other
electronic devices are not permissible. Giving / seeking / receiving
help in any manner during the Test is prohibited.
Cancellation of the Test Results
- A candidate's score will be cancelled by the office of ATMA, if any
misconduct or unfair practice by the candidate is detected, by any of
the several available means.
- A candidate whose result is cancelled, will not receive her/his score
and will be informed accordingly.
For list of institutes accepting ATMA please visit the institute website.