Situated in an ideal site in the lap of the surrounding hillocks, this Govt. College owes its inception to the magnanimous philanthropy of Late Rajendranarayan Singh Deo, the then Ruler of the erstwhile Patna State and Later Chief Minister of Orissa. The college was founded by him on the 3rd July, 1944 and was affiliated to Utkal University with Intermediate Arts and Commerce. It was upgraded to a Degree College in July, 1946 with the introduction of the B.A. (pass) class. The institution attained the status of a full fledged Degree College after the affiliation of the B.Com. class in 1964-65 and B.Sc. class in 1965-66. P.G. teaching started from 1978-79. From 1st January, 1967 the College is under Sambalpur University.