Formerly known as Nagpur University; Recognized by UGC.he Nagpur University was established on 4th August, 1923 with six affiliated colleges and 927 students. During 1947, the number of students increased to about 9000 accompanied by the improvement and diversification of curricula and expansion in the range of subjects. The expansion of library and sports facilities occurred during these years for the intellectual and physical well being of the students. It was in 1958 that some new Departments in Arts and Social Science faculties were opened; the major expansion, however, came in 1963 when several science and other teaching Departments were started. The Departments were shifted to spacious buildings in the main campus in 1972-73. In later years, several career oriented courses have been started viz., Business Management, Fine Arts, Mass Communication, Library Science, Physical Education, etc.
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University Library was started along with the establishment of the University in 1923 in order to cater to the academic and research needs of the faculty and students. Since then, the Library has gone from strength to strength to live-up to the expectations of its immediate clientele.
Hostel facility is available for Boys in the Institute premises
Institute Provides Eklavya Scholarship, Open merit Scholarship, Maths & Physic Scholarship and Hindi Scholarship