The College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Jabalpur was inaugurated on July 8, 1948 as Central Provinces and Berar Veterinary College by Shri Jairamdas Daulatram, the then Agriculture Minister, Govt. of India. This is the oldest constituent college (Estt. 1948) of the Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur (Estt. 1964), over the last more than five decades of its existence, has been able to make an impeccable impact on the overall development of livestock production and management through its impressive teaching, research and extension activities in basic and applied fields. Consequent to the establishment of Madhya Pradesh Pashu Chikitsha Vigyan Viswavidyalaya the college became a constitution institution of the new Viswa Vidyalaya with effect from 3-11-2009.