The Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics was established in 1949 as a post-graduate teaching and research department of the University of Calcutta. Late Professor S.K.Mitra, D.Sc, F.R.S., was the Head of the Institute and continued until his retirement in 1955. In retrospect, it was in the year 1925 that the University of Calcutta introduced “wireless” as an elective subject for special study in its post-graduate course in Pure Physics and started at the same time a wireless laboratory for teaching and research in the fields of electron tubes and radio wave propagation in the upper atmosphere.
The University Library, located in the same campus, is one of the best of its kind. Free of cost Internet Service is also provided.
Placement Service Available