The college named after the legendary leader of Haryana, Choudhary Bansi Lal, is situated in the rural and remote region of Bhiwani District at a distance of 60 Kms from Bhiwani on Delhi-Pilani road. It is not hyperbolic to state that this college is an oasis of learning in the geographical desert of South-West Haryana. The college has progressed steadily after its establishment in 1987 and is accredited with grade C++ by NAAC. The college is a coeducational institute and one of the largest colleges of Haryana situated in the rural region. The college offers courses in Arts and Commerce at graduate level and the subjects of Hindi and Political Science are taught at post-graduate level also, the total enrolment at in the college in the present session is nearly 1600 students.
Apart from teaching the college also offers ample opportunities to the students for their overall development through the activities associated with the NSS, NCC both (Boys and Girls Wing), and Sports. The college has a very fine gymnasium. The college also has a well established computer laboratory for the Commerce faculty. The EDUSAT System is also installed in the college for the advantage of the student community. The college also has a rich and resourceful library with approximately 14500 books some of which are rare and highly useful reference books. The library is automated and uses the SOUL software for the various operations. The different schemes offered by the government for the benefit of the student community are employed in the college in the best possible manner.
The college also has a Placement Cell and a Women Cell to help the students find out the careers suitable to them.