National Education Society is a registered body, established in 1946 by the freedom fighters and philanthropists of Shimoga District. Their selfless dedication and vision and concerns of these personalities found expression, especially, in the field of education. Their services and contribution in the field of education have earned them a formidable but a well-deserved reputation as educators par excellence. The foundation stone of the college was laid in 1965 by Sri. Lal Bahadur Shastri, former Prime Minister of India and the building was inaugurated by the poet laureate RashtraKavi Kuvempu in 1975. This exclusive women’s college which started with a modest student strength of 32 has now grown to its present position of educating 1100 students. The college offers BA and B.Com degree courses, which are affiliated to Kuvempu University.
Library and Information Centre: The spacious library has more than 27,000 books, 63 Journals and 14 dailies. Students can either study in the library or can borrow the books. The library has an open access system.Internet facility is available at the Library.
Computer and Networking Lab: A well - equipped computer lab is provided to the college students. It has 100 computers with NT Network Lab.
A well furnished hostel facility is available for girl students very near to the college. Clean, hygienic and nutritious food is provided at hostel premises.
Considering the academic records, economically backward students will be given student scholarships.