Anugrah Narayan Singh College, Barh (Patna) was founded in 1950 in the name of Dr. Anugrah Narayan Singh, a symbol of great economist, educationist, administrator and statesman of India. It is the premier educational institution of the sub divisional town BArh with objective of providing facilities for higher education for under graduates and post graduate courses. Besides this college runs two employment oriented courses like B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Application) and ASPSM (Advertising Sales Promotion and Sales Management) etc. It. Also imparts research facilities in the faculty of Arts and Science. It is the constituent unit of Magadh University, Bosh Gaya since 01.04.1975. There are fifteen port graduates and undergraduates departments. Presently there are 50 qualified teaching staff. Anugrah Narayan Singh College has its own campus with sufficient space including its attractive building, Auditorium, garden and play grounds, There is vast potentiality to develop new building for opening new departments with proper expertise.
Library: The library serves as the back bone to all academic activity. Our library has a collection of nearly 50000 (Fifty thousand) text and reference books and near about thousands of journals & Magazine Spacious reading room for students and teacher provides congenial and stimulating atmosphere. Photocopier facilities are also provided by the library. Internet facilities is also available to student and the staff members. Complete Computerization of the Library System is underway.
Language Laboratory: consoles for the learners along with a master console for the instructor. This Laboratory is of particular use to the students pursuing the Communicative English Vocational Course.Language laboratory is an audio-visual installation used in modern teaching methods to learn the foreign languages. It is a technological breakthrough for imparting skills in English. The lab offers an exclusive result oriented and efficient way to enrich the English language learning process.