Dyal Singh College owes its origin to the extreme generosity and foresight of Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, founder of ‘The Tribune’ and ‘Punjab National Bank’, who willed his vast wealth in 1895 for the setting up of an Education Trust for a truly secular college. Consequently, Dyal Singh College was established at Lahore in 1910. After the Partition of India, Dyal Singh College was established in Karnal and in Delhi. It started functioning in the capital as a constituent College of the University of Delhi in 1959 and was taken over by the University of Delhi as a University maintained institution in 1978.
Auditorium, Seminar Hall, CRC, Computer Labs, Well equiped Science labs, Well stocked Library, Synthetic basket ball court, Multimedia Projectors in rooms/labs, PWD Friendly Campus, badminton court, volleyball court, Cricket net practice court, Lift, Internet, Wifi enable campus.
Library: A well equipped library with over 95000 books, a large number of periodicals and journals and internet facility
Laboratories: 22 Laboratories (including computer labs linked to University of Delhi through optic fiber).