B. N. College being the premier seat of learning in the Western part of Assam, had so far earned many a laurels for the state. At a meeting held on 26th August, 1944 in Dhubri Govt. High School premises that was presented by Late (Mr) Zahirul Huq Esqr, the then Deputy Commissioner of erstwhile Goalpara district, the feasibility of a college in both Arts and Science stream at Dhubri was discussed. A resolution was taken in the meeting to establish ‘Dhubri College’ which was attented by Rai Bahadur B. M. Dutta, Rai Bahadur A. U. Ghosh, Khan Bahadur Abdul Mozid Ziaos Shames, Mr. R. K. Bose, Zahaduddin Ahmed, Mucunda Narayan Barua, Mr. S. K. Bose and many others. The college was later in 1946 named as ‘Bhola Nath College’ after the name of Bhola Nath Choudhuri, father of Mr. Jyotsna Nath Choudhri, Zamindar of Mechpara who donated Rs. 1 lakh and in addition offered the facilities of using the lands and buildings at Dhubri belonging to his mother till such time as it would be possible for the college to shift to its permanent sites and habitation.
Library : Shew Narain Tantia Library is the central library of B. N. College. It was established in order to serve students of this college as well as users of this locality.
laboratory: All science departments of the college and the department of education are well equipped with laboratories. There are facilities for carrying out research in the laboratories of the science departments.
Yoga Centre: The College has established a “Yoga Centre’ within the campus to create health awareness among its staff (Teaching and Non-teaching) students and the local people.