Bolpur College was established in the year 1950 under a scheme drawn up by the Education Department of the Government of West Bengal to provide employment opportunities to college teachers who had immigrated from East Pakistan as refugees as also to provide the evacuee students with opportunities to continue their studies .The college now has eight Arts Departments, five Science Departments and a Commerce Department teaching Honours and General Courses.
Computer Lab: Internet facility is available in the college and in the central library. Wi-Fi is available in the Principal’s Chamber, IQAC and Bursar Chamber.
Health Center: The college provides support as and when needed; local health centers are accessed for health related issues of students.
The students receive institutional scholarships / free studentship from both college and government fund from time to time. Financial aid from government in form of scholarships for minority/SC/ST/ Girl (Kanyashree) students is available.