The School of Architecture and Planning, Anna University, one of the premier institution of the nation was initially established as a Department of Architecture of the University of Madras in the year 1957.The department was later renamed as the The School of Architecture and Planning, Anna University, and shifted to this independent campus of our own in the year 1968.
The well-planned campus of the school provided ample space for administration, lecture halls and studios for both Architecture and Planning courses, seminar rooms, staff rooms, library, multi-purpose hall and student's common room(including separate ladies common room) and a hobby workshop.Computer and Networking facilities with an exclusive Computer Lab for UG and PG students and independent Computer Design Studio for the M.Arch(Digital). The Computer Design Studio consist of 40 nos. P III and P IV branded machines with high-end multimedia software's compatibility, and LCD projectors. The departmental library functions effectively with financial assistance from the University, Government of Tamil Nadu and the UGC, and the total collection of publications now exceeds 17,000.