U P Govt. aided Pt. Prithi Nath College was established in July 1959 and was then affiliated to Agra University. The permission to start classes w.e.f. July 1959 was accorded by Agra University. Later on, since the inception of Kanpur University in the year 1966, the college got affiliated to Kanpur University, Kanpur (Currently named as C S J M University, Kanpur).Located in the heart of the city, Pt. Prithi Nath College is one of the premiere co-ed institutions for Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Research studies in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The college is well known, particularly for its maintenance of discipline and highest standards of teaching in the region. Imparting the best education at the least fee, as per U P Govt. Rules, and simultaneously maintaining the rigorous academic standards is the motive of the college. The congenial school atmosphere is conducive to mental, moral and spiritual growth of the students.