The Government Ayurvedic College is a pioneer institute of Indian system of medicine, in the entire NE region. It was established after independence with a spirit of nationalism by the enthusiastic efforts of our great leaders Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi, Lokbandhu Bhuvaneswar Barooah and founder principal Late Dr Jagdish Ch. Bhattacharya. This college was introduced in a rented house at Uzan bazaar on 20th December 1948 by the then Prime Minister of Assam Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi. After one year, it was shifted to the government house at Chandmari (the present site of Assam Engineering Institute) and in July 1959 the college was permanently shifted to present site at Jalukbari, Guwahati-14, Assam. In the year 1960, Guwahati Medical Colege took birth in this college at the present jalukbari site. Since then for a period of 7 years, the college building had been shared by both the college.
Laboratories for Students' Practical purpose in each Departments.
Medicinal plant Garden
State Level Pharmacy.
Drug Testing Laboratory.
N.S.S. & R.R.C.
Rasha Shala for both practical and production purpose.
There are Four Hostels
1. Dr. JCB Boys Hostel
2. Priyadarshini Girls Hostel
3. Charak Boys Hostel
4. P.G. Hostel for Men
1. Merit Cum Means Minority Scholarship
2. IDB (Islamic Development Bank) Scholarship
3. Scholarship for Merit from Ajmal Foundation