Maharajadhiraj Uday Chand Women’s College is a Government Sponsored College, affiliated to Calcutta University from 1955 to June 1960, and to the University of Burdwan thereafter. Subsequently, for introducing PG Course in English in 2005, the college came to be recognized as a Constituent College of the University of Burdwan. It has been recognized by UGC (2F & 12 B) and accredited twice by NAAC (Grade B, CGPA 2.72).
Library : At present the number of books in the library is over 38,000. Since books alone are not enough to tune up the minds of library-users to the ever-expanding horizon of knowledge, the library regularly procures Journals (17) and Periodicals (22) to enrich its stock.
Medical Facilities: Health Camps for primary health check-up—testing of blood sugar, measuring weight, blood grouping—are periodically organized in the college. Special camps for determination of Thalassaemia Carriers are also organized in the college with the technical assistance of Red Cross or other voluntary organizations.
There are three well furnished Girls’ Hostels with an accommodation of over 370 students.