The background of the Ness Wadia College of Commerce can be traced back to June 1959. In 1969, the Commerce wing, thus, came to be established as an independent college of commerce, named after Sir Ness Wadia, (1873-1952), the renowned industrialist and philanthropist of his times. The College moved into its present premises with a building of its own in 1971. The College was inaugurated on 15th July 1969, by Dr. H. V. Pataskar,the then Vice-chancellor of the University of Pune. It moved into its present premises with a building of its own in 1971.
The College Library is well equipped with a large number of text-books, reference-books periodicals, journals and news papers. Well equipped laboratory for BCA students with latest technologies is provided in the College campus
The College provides Hostel Accommodation in the premises for boys and girls. Hostels are equipped with all modern amenities conveniences and comforts. The rooms are well ventilated and are suitably furnished. A new gent’s hostel is being constructed.
The college placement cell covers job opportunities in the field of banking, marketing, finance, insurance among others. They also successfully conduct seminars on varied subjects like pursuing education abroad or specialized learning in different fields which will help them in achieving their goals in the job market. Students are guided as to how to handle an interview as also what to wear and what to carry with them so as to ensure that the students are not stressed out before an interview.