The college, affiliated to Andhra University, was founded on 2nd July 1958, with six members of teaching staff and 28 students in the Pre-University course. The college was set up to serve the interests of the young women of Visakhapatnam and continues to do so with no thought of commercial gain. The emphasis then was on the teaching of Domestic Science but the college has since then diversified and developed to cater to the changing needs and aspirations of the young women.
Library : The Library has a collection of 29336 Books and 39 Journals and 34 Magazines. 693 books were bought during the academic year (2014-15). E - Resources, Which Include E-Journals, E- Books and Bibliographic Database are available through N- List ( National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content ), of INFLIBNET Centre. 2699 Back volumes of journals provided. 362 CD’s are there. User orientation and information literacy programmes are given regarding the library activities and services. Library automation is done through (SOUL- Software for University Libraries). Bar Coding of books is under Process.
Canteen & RO Purified Drinking Water
The Hostel is attached to St. Joseph’s College for Women (Autonomous) and accommodate for 200 students in the hostel.