The College has come a long way since its inception in 1967 and is now seen as a destination where students can embrace their future with hope and confidence. The initial expansion of college infrastructure began with the foundation stone was laid by the then President of India – Giani Zail Singh and included new administrative block, well-equipped Science Block and multipurpose Sangam Parisar.
The College initially offered Undergraduate Programme Courses in Humanities, Social Science and pure science (Group B). Series of Honours Courses began in 1971. Commerce (Prog.) was added in 1977. Honours Courses in Sciences - Physics (1990), Mathematics (1992), Computer Science (1997); professional course of Journalism (1995); Commerce (1998); reflect the evolutionary flow of Kalindi. In 1997, the College became pioneer in launching Environmental Science along with two other colleges of Delhi University. Postgraduate Courses in Political Science (1987), Hindi (1991) and Sanskrit (1992) were also added in its kitty.
Library:The college has a well-stocked library with a collection of over 76,090 books on different discipline to cater to the academic and recreational requirements of the users in their field of study. The library subscribes to 83 national and international journals/magazines and 13 Newspapers.
well equipped Laboratories: A well equipped state-of- the-art laboratory with modern equipment’s instruments
Medical and Counselling Facility:In the case of emergencies, first aid is provided to the students.
College provides the platform to ensure that all students be given equal opportunity to grow and develop, particularly those students who are from differently-abled groups including visual, orthopaedic and hearing disability.
Canteen: The college runs a well-equipped canteen. It provides quality food at affordable prices.
1. SILVER JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of the college
2. SUSHMA GUPTA SCHOLARSHIP- The second best all round student of the college
3. STAFF ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of 3rd year
4. AYODHYA GUPTA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of 2nd year
5. IQBAL DEVI MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of 1st year
6. GANESH DAS AGNIHOTRI MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of Commerce
7. SARDAR BAKSHISH SINGH LAMBA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of Science
8. VIDYAWATI ARORA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of B.A.(H)
9. MAMTA AGGARWAL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of Sanskrit (H)
10. DR. M. P. GUPTA SCHOLARSHIP- The best NCC cadet
11. SMT. KAMLA MADHOK MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best student in Creative Writing
12. SHRI RAJ KUMAR GROVER SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of Journalism (H)
13. MRS. ASHA RANI SETHI MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- The best all round student of Computer Science
14. MAMTA AMRITA NANADAMAYI SCHOLARSHIP- The best deserving and meritorious student
15. SHAKUNTALA GULATI SCHOLARSHIP- For securing above 55% marks in 1st year Political Science (H)
16. SULTAN CHAND MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- Highest Marks in B.Com.(H)
17- DR. K. INDIRA KRISHNA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- Highest Marks- B.Sc. III Year Life Science, Part-II (Minimum 60%)
Highest Marks- B.Sc. III Year Applied Life Science, Part-II (Minimum 60%)
Highest Marks- B.Sc. II Year Life Science, Part-I – Biology (Minimum 60%)
Highest Marks- B.Sc. II Year Applied Life Science, Part-I – Biology (Minimum 60%)
18. USHA AGGARWAL TEJASWI / TEJASWINI SCHOLARSHIP- II Yr Student of B.Com (P) New Course, Scores Highest Marks.(Being above 70 (aggregate of internal & external in all the papers) in Delhi./ III Yr same as above for 2nd year Examination.
19. USHA AHUJA SCHOLARSHIP- 2 Meritorious Student of B.A. (Mass Commn) for each English and Hindi Medium respectively (one each).
20. SH. SHER SINGH MANGLA SCHOLARSHIP- Highest Marks in Art Stream (Only Reserve Category)
21. DR. MISS USHA AGGARWAL TEJASWINI SCHOLARSHIP- Highest % of marks in all papers in the college in B.Com (H) 2nd Semester.
22. DR. MISS USHA AGGARWAL TRUST SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT.- Highest % of marks in all papers in the college in B.Com (H) 4th Semester.
23. DR.USHA AGGARWAL TRUST SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT FUND- Highest % of marks in all papers in the College in B.Com (P) in IV Semester.