The Banaras Law School was one of the Six Universities in India to start CLINICAL LEGAL SERVICES. The Law School is one of the earliest Faculties established in the Banaras Hindu University, when teaching started in 1921-22 academic session in two rooms borrowed from the Faculty of Arts.
Library:The Law School has a library rich in books and journals. It possesses more than eighty thousand (80000)books including more than 135 national and International Research Journals. Latest issues of the journals are regularly displayed on the display rack kept in the Reading Hall of the Library.
Other Facilities:Various Seminar Halls, State of the Art Computer Labs, 24 x 7 Internet with Wi-Fi Connection within the Campus, Several Canteens
Separate Hostels for Boys & Girls, Athletics Tracks, Swimming Pool, Table Tennis & Tennis Courts, Indoor Badminton Court, Various Outdoor Stadiums for sports like Cricket, Football, Hockey etc, Flying Club,
Guest House Complex, Hobby Centre,
Student Health Complex, Foreign Language Classes, Yoga Classes, Three State Bank Branches within the Campus, ATM -presently six ATMs are available in the Campus, Petrol Pump in the Campus, Malviya Centre For Ethics and Human Values
There are separate hostel facilities for male and female students of law. The Law School has three separate hostels for the male students - Dr. Bhagwan Das Hostel with the intake capacity of 239 students and is allotted for LL.B. students; Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Hostel with the intake capacity of 67 students is allotted for LL.M. and Ph.D. students and New Law Hostel for LL.B. (Final Year) & LL.M. (First Year) Students. Female students are accommodated in the various hostels of the University including in the Trivani Hostel Complex.
Placement Service Available