The Lady Hardinge Medical College for women was founded in 1914 to commemorate the visit of Her Majesty Queen Mary in 1911-12. The foundation stone of this institution was laid by Lady Hardinge on 17th March, 1914. Unfortunately this great lady died later in the same year and on the suggestion of Queen Mary the college and the hospital was named after Lady Hardinge to perpetuate the memory of its founder. The college and hospital was formally opened by Lord Hardinge the then viceroy of India on 17th February 1916.
LHMC alumni association gives awards & medals to meritorious students.