School of Unani Medicine earlier known as Jamia Tibbia was established in 1935 at Gali Qasim Jaan, Delhi. Later in 1963, it was named as Hamdard Tibbi College. It was shifted to Hamdard Nagar Campus in 1980 and started B.U.M.S. course under University of Delhi. After the establishment of Jamia Hamdard in 1989, it merged with the University and got the status of School of Unani Medicine. The School has been recognized as one of the centres of higher education and research in Unani Medicine by Ministry of Health, Govt. of India.