It was for the upliftment and empowerment of the girls, the unprivileged section of society, that the philanthropists of the historical city of Gaya joined hands to establish the first girls’ college in the Magadh Commissionary. G.B.M.College saw the light of the day on August,1953. It was, however,christened Gautam Buddha Mahila College on the commemorative year of Lord Buddha’s 2500 years of attainment of enlightenment on the holy land of Bodh Gaya.
common room and vehicle parking space is provided separately. Fax and Xerox facilities are centralized while computer and internet facilities have been provided to almost all the departments. There is a centralised library which is being automated. There is a separate space for reading room in the library. A generator set is also available in the college which ensures uninterrupted power supply. . A moderate canteen is available in the college campus which provides snacks and beverages at reasonable rate. A visiting doctor, for two days in a week, has been arranged for common medical problems and routine medical check-up.