Keeping In view, the rising demand for female education and the fulfillment of a long cherished desire of residents of district Jind, The College was founded in 1970 with the efforts of reputed people of Jind. Pandit Poornand Ji, Sh. Hari Madho Singla, Master Badri Prasad and other dignitaries of Jind city took great pains in the inception of this institution. It was first set up in Arya Samaj Mandir in 1970 with an enrolment of 50 students. Then in March, 1971, the college was shifted to Aggarwal Panchayati Bhavan and was affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. In June 1984 the college moved from Panchayati Bhavan to a more spacious and artistically designed building with lush green lawns and variety of blooming flowers and a vast play ground.
The college has completed 37 years of academic excellence and is fast emerging as an ideal institution with an enrolment of 1400 students. There was only Arts faculty in the beginning but commerce faculty was added in 1989. The college commits it self to serve the economically weak, socially under privileged, rural and needy students, efficient, well qualified and devoted lecturers and cordial student – teacher relationship are the main attractions of our institution.