Govt Bikram(P.G) College of Commerce is one of the leading colleges of commerce in the entire northern region situated in the princely city of Patiala.The college is an epitome of glory & grandeur in the field of commerce. This pioneer institution was established at Faridkot in 1945 by His Majesty, Raja Harinder Singh of Faridkot State in the memory of his grandfather Maharaja Bikram Singh (Jan., 1842-Aug., 1898.)
In 1955, the college was shifted to Patiala from Faridkot. Initially, the college was affiliated to Panjab University and later it got affiliated to Punjabi University in 1962. It is the only single faculty prestigious College of Commerce in the State of Punjab. The founder Principal was S. Gurdit Singh Dhillon, who was Ph.D. from California, USA.