College of Architecture and Centre for design, is an integral part of the Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj's - One of the premier educational institution in Maharastra founded by Late Shri. Raosaheb Thorat, Late. Shri. Ganpat Dada More, Late Shri Bhausaheb Hirey, Late Padmashee Kakasaheb Wagh and Late Shri Annasaheb Murkute in 1914 with the intention of providing an opportunity to quality education to the larger cross section of society.
CANS has state of art facilities in a huge campus of five acres of land which include audio – video teaching aids, a well equiped library facility, highly organized reference section with reading area, a networked computer lab, plotting and printing facility, internet accessibility to all students, in house wood and metal work shop for model making, prototyping, exhibition installations and structures.
Library:Naturally lit and ventilated library along with an internal court provides a comfortable environment for the students to concentrate, contemplate and comprehend. The library houses about 5000 books, journals and magazines on various subjects related to architecture and other design disciplines from National and International Publication house.
Computer center:A state of the art computer center accommodates computers with various Software’s, internet facilities and dedicated staff.