National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Deemed University) , formerly known as Regional Engineering College, was established in 1959.
The Central Library supports the teaching and research programmes of the Institute and provides facilities for general reading and disseminates information according to the requirement of the users. It is housed in a separate building with a plinth area of 4000 Sq.mtrs. It has around 1,57,596 books, back volumes, technical pamphlets, standards, CD-ROMs, Video cassettes etc.
The Institute has excellent residential facilities for all the students admitted to the various courses. There are twenty hostel blocks (halls of residence) for men and two for women.