Dhanwate National College (DNC) was founded by a faction of public-spirited citizens who recognised the need for huge prospects for University Education. It was started at Wardha in 1935 as Wasudeo Arts College and later shifted to Nagpur in 1942 renamed as National College. Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati, took over the management of this college in 1949. In the year 1951, Late Shrimant Dadasaheb Dhanwate donated generously to the society after which it was once again renamed as Dhanwate National College.
Computer Labs: The institute has three independent Computer Laboratories each for the Granted Courses, Management Studies and the Self-Financing Courses. With more than 200 Computers, a dozen of Laptops, Scanners and all types of Printers including Laser, Ink-Jet and Dot-Matrix; students no-doubt are the winners here.
Library: Apart from the Central Library, the institute has separate library for Management & Professional Courses along with independent Reading Rooms and Reference Sections. The Libraries are well equipped with latest technologies like Computerized Indexing, OPAC System (Computerized Database), Computerized Issue/Return, Bar-Coding and a Photo Copy Section