The Magna College of Engineering, managed by the JDN Educational Trust, was founded in 1999 by Mr. J. Devadas Nayagam.
The college is recognised by the Government of Tamilnadu vide L. No. 33237/J1/97 dated 29.12.1997 and is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi vide F.No. 732 - 52 - 151 (NDEG)/ET/99 dated 13.08.1999.
The University of Madras granted provisional affiliation to the college vide L. No. A11/RM/MCE/BE/2000/1540 dated 31.05.2000. Consequent to the GO (Ms) No. 25, Higher Education (K2) Department dated 23.01.2002 of the Government of Tamilnadu, bringing all engineering colleges in the state under Anna University, Anna University granted affiliation to the Magna College of Engineering vide Lr. No. : CEP/Affl/MCE/2001 - 2002 dated 13.08.2002.
The college is a Christian minority un - aided engineering college.
TRANSPORT FACILITIES: As the college is situated at the outskirts of the city, about 15 kilometres from Redhills, the college operates a fleet of 25 buses for transportation which ply through a network of routes in the city. Students may avail the transport facility for their own convenience and safety and to prevent late coming to college.
LIBRARY: It has a collection of around 30,000 volumes of 8,000 titles covering various disciplines of engineering, management studies, science and humanities. Besides the library also subscribes 116 journals both international and national and 46 magazines. Internet facilities is also provided in the library.
CANTEEN: In order to cater to the needs of the day scholars, canteen functions within the college building providing modest and hygienic menu. The dinning hall has a seating capacity of 120 students.
Hostel Facilities available
Placement Service available