B.J.B Autonomous College is one of the premier educational institutions of the State. It came into existence in 1957 through the initiative of the Government of Orissa. Named after Buxi Jagabandhu Bidyadhar Bhramarabara Ray Mahapatra, the rebel extraordinary of pre-independent India, it is located over an area of 28.2 acres of land near Kalpana Square on he National Highway connecting Cuttack and Puri. It is situated at a distance of 3 k.ms from Biju Patnaik International Airport and 2 k.ms from Bhubaneswar railway station. It was an affiliated college of Utkal University till 1998. It has been functioning as an autonomous institution since 1999 following the conferment of autonomy by the UGC. The college was placed in Grade ‘A’ in 2004 after an assessment by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), an autonomous body of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
Computer Center: The Centre has a total number of 8 P.Cs and 1 Printer. All the Computers in this Centre have P-3/P-4 processor, 4- 40 GB Hard Disk and 128 MB RAM.
There is a post office on the campus
IGNOU Study Centre: An IGNOU Study Centre operates in the Arts Block of the college. It caters to the academic betterment of students and employed people. It runs a variety of courses such as Certificate Course, Degree, Post-Graduate and P.G. Diploma in various disciplines.
College Library: The college is known for its commendable infrastructure with 42 class rooms, 8 galleries and 3 halls. The laboratories are well equipped and adequate for the students. The time-table for engagement of classes and for conduct of various academic programmes is adjusted in such a manner that the infrastructure is optimally used.
There are four hostels for general category (boys and girls)