Yasin Meo Degree College, the only minority college in the Western Part of the country, is named after the Late Chaudhry Mohd. Yasin Khan (the famous and illustrious leader of Mewat). This college was established in July, 1971. Infact, it was established in 1923 and founded by Ch. Mohd. Yasin Khan with the motivation of the then Deputy Commissioner, Mr. F.L.Brayne. So its name was the Brayne Meo High School. The college is affiliated to M.D.University, Rohtak. It is located on Delhi-Alwar Road at about 70 K.M. south of Delhi.
The college is spread over a sprawling campus of around 28 acres in the outskirts of Aravalli hills. It has 28 rooms, one assembly hall and one big library. It is multi-faculty co-educational Degree College. The college has big play ground on its campus used for different types of games like Football, Cricket, Volleyball, Kabaddi, Hockey, Gymnastic and Badminton. At a later stage two new blocks for science and commerce were added with financial assistance of various agencies. In the recent past, Mewat Development Agency provided generous grant for the construction of C.C. roads in the campus and extension of building for total renovation of Hall which is complete. The college has a library having nearly 14000 books on various subjects. It has three reading rooms for staff, boys and girls. Every student of TDC, B.B.A. and B.C.A. is issued three cards. On each card one book is issued for 14 days. If the book is not returned within the stipulated time period the fine is levied. The details of rules regarding the library are notified by the librarian from time to time.
The students desirous of seeking admission to the hostel should apply on the prescribed form available in the office on payment of Rs.10.00 only limited seats are available in the hostel. A student may be refused admission to the hostel without assigning any reason.
Various scholarships/stipends are available under the following schemes: -
1. Govt. of India Post Metric Scholarship Scheme for Schedule/Scheduled Tribe students.
2. State Harijan Welfare Scheme for Backward Class students.
3. Govt. of India scheme of Post Metric Scholarship to Lower Income Group students, Demotified Nomadic and semi Nomadic Tribe students.
4. Govt. of India National loan scholarship scheme.
5. (i) Govt. of India National Scholarship scheme (ii) Govt. of India National Merit Scholarship scheme for the children of school teachers (iii) Haryana State Govt. (education department) Merit scholarship in college for General University Education.
6. S. J. Jindal Trust Merit scholarship.
7. Haryana Wakf Board Scholarship.
8. Central Wakf Council, Delhi scholarship