Borooah College was established in the year 1943 in the name of Bholanath Borooah, a doyen of Assamese business and a close associate of Sahityarathi Lakshminath Bezbaruah .
Library: The B. Borooah College Library started its functioning in 1943 at Kamrup Academy School and later on shifted to new building in the year 1958 and accommodated in the present building in the year 2000. In the same year the library was renamed as "Hem Barua Library" after the name of its 3rd Principal late Hem Barua, a noted parliamentarian and educationist of the country.
B. Borooah College Hostel comprises total 31 rooms that accommodate 122 boarders of higher secondary, degree and Master’s degree students of the college.
Placement Service Available