Raja Doraisingam Government Arts College, Sivagangai had a historical and social significance in the pre-independence India. The illustrious founder, Raja Srimath Vijaya Ragunatha Gowrivallabha Doriasingam Shanmugaraja, the then ruler of Sivaganga, genuinely desired to light the lamp of higher education in this economically and socially backward region of Tamilnadu and established the College on 11th August 1947, naming the institution after his father Raja Doraisingam. With boundless generosity, he allotted the ‘Gowri Vilas Palace’ for the functioning of the College, besides gifting out the entire stock of his precious books, his club house and play grounds to the College. It may be the only college in India with a total area of 216.65 acre of land, revealing the broad vision of the founder for future expansion and development of this institution.
Drinking Water Facility