P.R. ENGINEERING COLLEGE was established in the year 2000 under the benevolent Trust named "Sri Ponnaiyah Ramajayathammal Educational and Charitable Trust" (SPRECT). The Institution was founded by the philanthropic munificent founder Prof. P. Murugesan, who began his career as an academician. The first seed to serve the society and higher education was sown by him in the year 1985, by starting Ram Institute of Computer Science and Technology. With the extra-ordinary support and cooperation from the parents, students and public, he started Ponnaiyah Ramajayam College affiliated to Bharathidasan University in the year 1994. Within a short span of time, the college had earned good name, fame and reputation, which had encouraged starting P.R. Engineering College in the year 2000. Subsequently, his service to education and society has extended in every sphere and in all aspects till date.
The Central library spreads over an area of 1050 sq.m. It has specialized collections of Books, Journals & other resources in Sciences, Humanities, Engineering and Technology ranging from printed books, e-books, back volumes and CDs\DVDs.
The hostel complex at PREC is designed to provide comfort and convenience, thus being conducive to right level of motivation for students to pursue their study and for interaction with fellow students under standard guidelines,Separate Hostel for Boys & Girls