D.E. Society Technical Institute was originally attached to the Fergusson College. It began its work in June 1937. D.E. Society established the Technical institute with the object of providing, as funds permit, technical education of a varied and thorough-going character.
The institute is equipped with paint processing work-shop, laboratories for conducting practical and small library with good collection of books in the field of Surface Coating Technology.
The students are placed for training in various paint and allied industries as well as in engineering industries having paint shop.