Dr. B.R. Ambedkar College was established in 1973 at Village Betai under P.S. (now Sub-Division) Tehatta. Most of the residents mainly of Nadia District along the border area rootless refugees from East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) who settled here after the partition of India in 1947. Though hapless and homeless these refugees had an earnest urge to educate their children and for this they had set up several Primary, Secondary & Higher Secondary School in their locality and lastly this Degree College at Betai bordering Bangladesh to create opportunities of higher education within the easy reach of rural students.
Library - The college takes pride in having a well-stocked library. Steps have been taken for the full automation of the college library. The college library has a spacious reading room
Common Room - The college has seperate common room for girls which are kept open during the college hours. There are some arrangements for various indoor games.
College Canteen - A canteen is provided for the students to serve refreshments.