The history of this institution extends back to 1877 when the Zamorin Raja of Calicut H.H.Manavikraman Maharaja Bahadur K.C.S.I., F.M.U started an English school to impart English education to the young members of the Zamorin’s family. Over a century, it has grown to a leading centre of higher education, which offers UG and PG Courses in a variety of disciplines to satisfy the requirements of the academic community in the Malabar region.
Library:The college has a well equipped library with over 64000 books, 70 journals and 102 periodicals, the library functions on all working days from 8.30am to 5.30pm. The library maintains a spacious reference section for the benefit of its users. Apart from the staff and students of the college, outsiders are given limited access to the library for reference work.
1. 16 full-fledged departments with computers and printers.
2. Sufficient number of class rooms.
3. A Seminar Hall.
4. A partially automated library.
5. Laboratories –Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and Yoga.
6. ZCIR Centre.
7. Career Guidance Centre.
8. Animal House.
9. Botanical Garden.
10. Herbal Garden.
11. Yoga Hall
12. Computer centre
13. Informatics Lab
14. Research Centre
1. Spacious Auditorium with ample seating capacity.
2. Open air Stages – Chaithram and Kailasam
3. Health and Trauma Care Centre
1. A big playground where Cricket, Football, Hockeyand Hand Ball are played.
2 A Pavilion with changing rooms.
3 Basket Ball, Shuttle and Volleyball Courts.
4 Indoor Games room.
5 Gymnasium with training facility for weight lifting and power lifting.
1. A well equipped Canteen.
2. Ladies Centre.
3. Boys Dining Hall.
4. PNB extension counter.
5. Co-operative store.
6. Two Hostels.
7. Recreation room for staff.
8. Common room for Ladies Staff.
9. Campus Statues.
10. Firing Range.
11. Post office.
Hostel Facilities Available