Krishna Chandra College was established in 1897 in the heart of Hetampur village in the Birbhum district of West Bengal. It is the oldest college of the district to create an atmosphere of learning and pedagogy for the first time in this area. It was founded by Maharani Padma Sundari Devi, wife of Maharaja Ramranjan Chakraborty, in the name of her father-in-law Raja Krishna Chandra.
Library: It houses many rare and out-of print books. Making use of the Integrated Library Management Software data entry of 32500 library books has been completed. Five computers are now available in the library with internet and LAN facilities. The Central Library of the Institute is fully digital to maintain the record of the books, to issue and collect the books and to generate various reports. The Library offers INFLIBNET facility to the students and teachers.
Computer: ICT lab of the institute is fully equipped with computers with internet connection which is made available to the students as well as to the faculty members.
Canteen: A canteen has been serving refreshment to all students and staff of the college. It is located in the college just beside the main college gate.
Play Ground: The Institute has a big playground for outdoor games like Cricket, football, etc. Sports is also organized in this play group.
Gymnasium: To cherish extracurricular activities this Institute has a well equipped gymnasium within the college campus. The well equipped gymnasium of the institution has instruments like the treadmill and cycle, leg curl machine and cross bar.
Common Room: The college has separate common rooms for boys and girls students.