The out come of the desire of the Association to spread culture and knowledge was the established of a second grade college in 1953 which was up graded in 1956 offering B.A., B.Sc., & B.Com. It is named after late Korukonda Lingamurthy, the founder of Anakapalle Merchants Association.
Library: The College has a library for U.G and P.G. courses. The U.G. Library maintains 40,000 books, which include text books, reference books, to cater to the needs of intermediate (plus 2) and under Graduate students, Journals & Magazines and News Papers are also subscribed. Exclusively contains around 7000 books and subscribes for 31 journals relating to the three post graduate programmes, namely M.Com, M.Sc (Chemistry) and M.Sc (Mathematics). It is also subscribing for six daily news papers for the benefit of the P.G. Students.
Laboratories: The College has well equipped laboratories with necessary instruments in all the science faculties namely Physics (4 labs), Chemistry (5 labs), Botany (3 labs), and Zoology (3 labs), Computer (l lab).Various inspection committees of Andhra University who visited the college have expressed their satisfaction regarding the laboratory facilities provided to the students. There are exclusively spacious well equipped laboratories for M.Sc. (Chemistry) students.
Sports Facilities: Our college has been the forerunner in the field of sports and games and it has bagged many medals, prizes and trophies in all most all events at all levels such as University / District / State / National and International. We are proud of our previous sports personalities who have brought many laurels to our institution. The unforgettable services rendered by Sri Botcha Simhachalam and Sri P.Rama Lingeswara Rao the former Physical Directors of our college, to the field of games & sports must be recalled to pay due tributes to them. The department assures that the journey of our success continues with the same vigor and spirit in the years to come. The college has produced a good number of sports personalities in all events at different levels.
Hostel Facilities Available: The Anakapalle Merchants Association Lingamurthy College Hostel was started during the academic year 1954-1955 with strength of 40 students, in April 1960 with UGC assistance the management constructed a two storied building containing 26 spacious rooms with attached dining halls. To meet the growing needs of hostel accommodation another 20 rooms were attached to the existing hostel. A separate hostel accommodation another 20 rooms were attached to the existing hostel. A separate hostel was started for PG students from the academic year 1986. In 1999 the PG Silver Jubliee hostel was constructed with about 20 lakhs. All the hostel rooms are equipped with required furniture, fans, tube lights, Mineral Water and sanitary facilities are also provided. The kitchens are equipped with running gas pipeline connection. The well furnished dining hall accommodate 150 students in one sitting. A postgraduate doctor (M.D) visits the hostel every Friday to attend the health needs of hostel students. Emergency cases will be sent to doctors personal clinic at Anakapalle for further treatment free of cost. The hostels are accommodating around 700 students.