Mrs A.V.N. College was founded in the year 1860 in the form of a school. This premier institution was nurtured with the support of the Public especially with the zamindars of the time. It became a High School in 1886 with a European Head Master, Mr. E. Winckler who later became the Principal of the College, which started to be known as Hindu College in the year 1878. Mr E. Winckler was succeeded by many illustrious Principals who dedicated their services for Mrs A.V.N. College.
All our laboratories are well equipped in terms equipment and furniture.