Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh College of Law was introduced as a faculty in 1946 as a part of Shri Shivaji College, Amravati. Due to the untiring effect of the President, Secretary and members of Shri Shivaji Education Society and the devoted cooperation from the teaching faculty the faculty grew from success to success. The growth and progress resulted in the separation of law faculty into and independent law college from the Academic Year 1978-79 onwards this college is affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University and Accredited by NAAC, C++, Today the college has independent building since 1996. The new campus of the college is situated in a sprawling premises on Morshi Road, Amravati nearer to District Court, Collector Office, Commissioner Office, Bus Stand &. Railway Station.
There is an independent library, of the college and student can take advantage of library books as well as they can avail the facility of News paper and Magazines in the reading room.