Sir L.A. Shah Law College, the fourth Law College to be affiliated to the University of Bombay, was opened at Ahmedabad on 20th June, 1927. The College was recognized by the University of Bombay in June 1935 for coaching students in post-graduate courses for the LL.M. degree examination. A fine, commodious building for the College was constructed at a beautiful site in the Ellisbridge area at a heavy cost in the year 1937. The College obtained its permanent affiliation to the University of Bombay in 1947. The College since its affiliation to the Gujarat University in 1950 has been recognized for instruction in Law for the LL.B. and the LL.M. degree examinations.