Dr M S Ramaiah, a noted entrepreneur, industrialist, philanthropist and visionary started in 1962 with his own resources, the Gokula Education Foundation (GEF), a registered, public charitable trust, with the laudable and worthy objective of establishing institutions of technical excellence for students from all over India and the world. M S Ramaiah Dental College & Hospital is one of the institute under the trust was started in April 1991. It is located in the Jnana Gangothri, the sprawling 80 acres campus of the MSR Institutions. It is also a recognized PhD center for Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and awaiting for inspection to Department of Conservative Dentistry.
The institution functions with separate departments for all the subjects with the best possible practical/lab/clinical sections. The most advanced digital X-ray systems and diagnostic aids, dental soft wares, the latest restorative equipments and, materials, keep the students in lieu with the rapidly progressing dental sciences.
Library: The M S Ramaiah Dental College Library was established at 1992 December with the 1500 books and 10 Journals. Right now this library have more than 6000 books and 110 Journals(foreign and Indian). This library is situated on third floor of the main Dental college Building. The total area of library 8000 sq. ft. with the 200 seating capacity. This Library has separate section for the different users like PG section, UG section, Staff section and own books reading section. The MSRDC Library is providing open access for all its users. MSRDC also has E-Library , computers with high speed internet which enable students to download and review scientific presentations, seminars and publications.
Auditorium: An excellent Auditorium with a seating capacity of 400 makes it possible to host academic programmes as well as the grand cultural events of the college.