Loyola College of Education, a Jesuit Teacher Education Institution was established in June 2007. It is completely owned and administered by the Loyola College Society registered under the Society Registration Act of 1860 No.5228/1973. It is located in the wide campus of Loyola College of Arts & Science. It is recognized by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and affiliated to Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University (TNTEU).
The Auditorium, Multipurpose hall and Classrooms are thoroughly utilized for curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
The library is fully automated and digitalised. The staff and students visit the library as often as possible for reference and for research. The poor student-teachers avail the facility of book bank to borrow books.