As an apex body in the field of Basic Education at the district level DIET Prabhatpattan has been assigned to fulfill the following objectives;
1. To make sincere efforts in regards to enroll the children of age group 6-14 those who are identified through a special programmed of SCHOOL CHALO ABHIYAN.
2. To increase minimum learning level and achievement level of the students as has been instructed by the education department under D.P.E.P. & S.S.A. programmes.
3. To prepare master trainers / resource persons to guide and train the teachers who are working in primary and upper primary schools.
4. To monitor the performance of different functionaries like B.R.C. / N.P.R.C. / District Coordinators / A.B.S.A. to obtain a desired result.
5. DIET through its mentors keep a watch on the quality of teaching and the on going training programmers which take place at DIET as well as BRC / NPRC level.
6. More emphasis to promote girls’ education through NPEGEL / Meena manch and other adequate schemes of woman sensitization like Woman Motivators Group.
7. Sincere efforts are being made ensure maximum utility of T.L.M. (Teacher Learning Material) with a view to have an effective teaching process in the school education
Hostel facility is being provided to the outstation trainees. Presently, there are two separate hostels for Male trainees.
The institute is also engaged in supporting the students to refine the necessary skills, attitudes and the aptitude towards the corporate placement process in the campus by the way of periodical competitive tests and group interaction exercises.