The University of Mysore was established on 27th July, 1916 during the benevolent reign of the Maharaja of Mysore, His Highness Nalvadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar (1884-1940). The genesis of the University of Mysore stems from a five year long in-depth reading and analysis on higher education across the globe.Today the University has 42 Postgraduate Departments at the Main Campus, Manasagangotri, 2 Postgraduate Centres, viz., Tubinakere, Mandya, Hemagangotri, Hassan with 5 Postgraduate Departments each and one Satellite Centre at Chamarajanagar with 3 Postgraduate Departments. It is providing higher education to about 85 lakhs students, of which over 10,000 are Postgraduates.
The masterís programme in Human Development was introduced in the academic year 1993-94 in DOS in Food Science and Nutrition Department. A new building for housing Human Development course was also built in year 1999-2000.
The University Library has a collection of 6.2 lakhs covering books, reference works and journal back volumes. In addition, the individual constituent colleges/institutes and departments maintain their own book collections amounting to another 4 lakhs. The E-resource Portal developed by the library facilitates access to 6500 UGC-INFONET E-journals, 7000 Open Access Journals, 17000 licensed e-books, Lakhs of OA e-books, a number of databases, e-thesis, institutional repositories and other information sources. The library has set up a Carrier Information Resource Center and Learning Resource Center for Visually Challenged. The main campus features an amphitheater, an auditorium, a swimming pool, and hostels for women and men with modern amenities and comforts.
PG Hostels for both men and women in Manasagangotri campus of University of Mysore
Placement Service Available