The Law College Dhanbad was established in the year 1976 and during its nascent stage it used to function in the premises of the H. E. School, Hirapur, Dhanbad. The College got its affiliation from the Ranchi University, Ranchi because of perseverance of Late Binod Bihari Mahato, Late Rang Lal Choudhary and Late Jamini Bhushan Lala from the academic session 1979-1980.
Library: The library has been spread on 1500 sq. ft. which gives ample volume for storage of books and for reading purposes. The library has been so designed keeping in view the aims and objectives of this college. It does have a collection of over 5500 text books and reference books of law and is being managed by a team of proficient library staff. The College is strongly committed to add good number of books to its existing collections every year. The library has also got a separate collection of books/journals/Law report donated by its alumni or philanthropists.