St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science was Established in the year 1991, which was affiliated to the University of Madras, Chennai from 1991 to October 2002. Then the college was affiliated to Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore from November 2002 to till date. The college received the status of autonomous from the UGC in the year 2005. In the year 2008, The University declared the college as an autonomous college. The college was permanently affiliated to the university in the same year. In the successful progress of the college, it was Re-Accredited by the NAAC in the year, 2011 and the college was raised up to the “A” Grade. The college renewed its autonomous in the year 2012 till the academic year 2016 – 17. The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions issued the Minority Status Certificate to our College on 20th September 2012.
The institute library was expanded with standard books, journals and magazines including floor area of the library like Reading room, Book stack room, Reference section, etc.,library was established with 1150 books for the benefit of staff and students.
The institute provides placement opportunities for the students in reputed organizations