The college started with a humble strength of 45 students in B.A.1st year Arts and B.Sc , 1ST year science under the patronage of Karnataka University,Dharwad with 5 class rooms, 3 laboratories and a small Library.To begin with college had no sufficient infrature with rthe increase in students strenhgt a need to have a new building was felt. Despite the financial constraints our V.V.Sangha contributed much to growth and development of this college.Because of thefinancial assistants of V.V.Sangha and U.G.C.Grants we could be able to acquire necessary infrastrature. At present the college is equipped with 28 rooms and good library facility and well equipped laboratories.The strengths of the college and number of faculty members increased considerably since 1975. Now the college is having a strength of 1098 students and 38 faculty members and 15 Non- teaching staff.Dedication devotion and encouragement of the management, enlightened faculty with research bent of mind enabled the institution to grow faster rate.To fulfill the demands of the growing hard warw industry,Electronics course in B.Sc, programme was introduced in the year 1986 Optional English in B.A. programmes was introduced in the year 2006,B.Com courses introduced from the academic year 2011-12 and Journalism course introduced from the academic year 2013-14.