A group of enlightened citizens of Malleshwaram felt a need to open a college in Malleshwaram particularly to provide facilities to girl students, who had to go as far as Maharanis College for their courses in higher learning. The founders Sri.G.A.Acharya, Prof.B.R. Subba Rao, Sri. M.Chinnaswamy, Sri M.R.Narasimha Iyengar, Prof.M.P.L.Sastry and Smt Vimala Rangachar responded to this need by starting an intermediate college in 15th Cross, Malleshwaram, and started the institution in 1956-57 with a student strength of 68.
Library: The college has a well-stocked library with a rich collection of books, CD-ROMs, audio-cassettes, and teaching aids. The collection reflects almost all the areas of education such as secondary education, higher education, educational administration and supervision, history and problems of education, educational psychology, counseling and special education, etc.,.
Internet: Internet facility is made available to the students and staff members both in the Library and Computer Lab.
The college has well-equipped laboratories for physics, chemistry and biology with excellent facilities for practical work.
There is a fully equipped language lab with audio aids and latest technology to help the students achieve native speaker’s skills in English language.