The College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad was established on 5-8-1946 as one of the constituent colleges under Osmania University with the objective of imparting and promoting Veterinary education at under-graduate level in erstwhile Hyderabad State. Later, the College was permitted by ICAR, New Delhi for training additional number of students for awarding B.V.Sc & A.H. degree from other States of India. During the year 1957, Kansas State University, USAID programme was initiated for strengthening Veterinary education in the State. The faculty were deputed to Kansas State University, USA for higher training in different disciplines of Veterinary and Animal Sciences.
The College was transferred to the fold of Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University (APAU), on 10th July 1964 and was shifted to Rajendranagar campus in 1968. The College at present has 18 departments with the adoption of Veterinary Council of India minimum standards of Veterinary education from 1994-95 onwards.